It's been a while but I have lots of exciting updates! First of all, I finalized the rest of my spring break plans. I will be going to Paris April 2nd to April 6th. And Alissa and I decided to take The Chunnel instead of flying because, there are too many steps involved to get to the airport, and it's just really not worth it. Then on April 9th I am leaving for Venice till the 12th and on the 12th (Easter Sunday as it is) I will be leaving for the cruise around the Greek Islands for a week. I cannot wait for the warmth... this cold English weather is getting a little old. So those are my spring break plans, I think they're mighty fine. Once I come back from break there are 2.5 weeks of classes left, they end on May 8th (Happy Birthday Mom!) and then we have to stick around another month till June 6th for finals. Why are they spread over the course of a month? Beats me. I'm sure i'll be doing some more traveling during that time. I know Ireland is definitely on the agenda.
Last night, I had tickets to the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra's Classical Spectacular show. Last time, tickets were only 5 pounds but our tickets this time was free. It was the last show for the season and my friend's friend who is in the choir had 6 tickets so we were invited back. I went into the city w/ Alissa and we grabbed some dinner before hand and met up with 3 of our friends at The Royal Albert Hall. It was definitely an experience being there by itself and on top of that going to see The Classical Spectacular.. surely something i'll never forget for the following reasons:
- It was a light show. Did I forget to mention that? It was a light show and lazers and cannons and wonderful things of the sort.
- The conductor was a cute man who was extremely amusing and interacted with the audience, making jokes and whatnot. (Compared to the Requiem, this show was quite "informal").
- It turned out to be a very patriotic show. Almost everyone had a Union Jack and during certain songs waved it about and sang along as if their life depended on it, it was very amusing to my friends and myself.
- Going along with the theme of patriotism.. there were guards at the very very top who stuck Union Jack's in their uniform and were waving them about, it was absolutely.. just tops, it was brilliant. I watched them during those songs instead of the light show.
- The music was excellent of course, and there were Opera singers and the whole bit to sing solo's on stage.
- I think best of all, I knew a lot of the music so it was a lot more enjoyable.
- Oh, I can't forget that while you think the real finale is coming up next, you're wrong. There are about 5 encore's before the end, and at the end of the last encore the balloons in a huge net above the hall fell and it was glorious, people were swimming in balloons.
- Opening-ish- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7lDM0dbfXU
- This is a taste of patriotism, haha- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drBkINVQLs8
- Canon's! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU2v8rafeL8
- Finale! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKP0EH3T3rw

WOW - what an exciting jet-setting life you're living!!! I can't say I'm not a little jealous!! I love your updates! Enjoy this.
ReplyDeleteHaha Jen, you live in HAWAII! If anyone should be jealous, it's me =P
ReplyDelete