Monday, January 26, 2009

Another update..

We're going to see Hairspray tonight! And I am using another internet cafe, it's fabulous.. they're everywhere and reasonably priced (about a pound for an hour). Tomorrow I am picking up my SIM card and will have a phone (finally!) and then will meet up and move into my house with my landlady =) I am excited to meet her and feel more comfortable about the situation. Classes start a week from tomorrow I believe. Oh and today we went to Covent Garden (basically an outside mall/market sort of thing). For those of you who have seen "The Holiday" ... "Oh I found it in that little shoppe we found in Covent Garden that time" -Iris. Yes, I am aware I have seen that movie way too many times, but what can I say? I bought the cutest sterling silver earrings. They have real flowers in the glass and they're beautiful. Which leads me to my next point. Going along with the Covent Garden thought.. my newest mission is to find Jude Law. I saw his handprints and took a picture of them at Leicester Square.

Love you all.

OH! Funny story quickly. While walking to Trafalger's Square there was a shop and it was "ALL AMERICAN FRIED CHICKEN" which made me and Alissa (my roommate from Rowan) laugh because is that what they think America is? Anywho. I'm out for real =) Hope you're enjoying your... Early afternoon?


P.S- In the spirit of food talks.. Alissa introduced me to the best waffle place and I mean the best waffle place near Kensington Gardens.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you've made it safely and things seem to be going well. I'm jealous about Hairspray and the fact that you're closer to Jude Law than me (well, geographically speaking). Of course, I think you should make it your mission to find Hugh Grant. Yummo! :-) Can't wait to see pics!!!

    (oh, and just so we're clear...this is Jen, not Joel...I know it might have been confusing what with all the gushing over Jude Law and Hugh Grant).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly,

    1.) <333333333333
    2.) miss you!!!!
    3.) glad you arrived safe!!
    4.) cant believe your in england!- ahh exciting!!!
    5.) thank you sooo much for making this blog- maybe the best thing you could have thought of for your trip
    6.)i should be doing my hw but id sooo rather read and comment your blog
    7.)please tell me more about your landlady asap
    8.)if you find Jude Law bring me back a hott english chap for me!
    9.)i hope your having FUN!
    10.) i wish you the best!!!


    <3

    ReplyDelete