Friday, January 30, 2009

Walking tours..

Seem to be the only thing I do. Yesterday we took a walking tour of Kingston as part of our orientation. I have already been all over Kingston plenty of times, so I pretty much knew my way around but it never hurts to be refreshed of roads and directions! The study abroad team here is awesome. They're kind, helpful and funny which makes it really easy to talk to them. I met some people that I had made friends with on Facebook during orientation and some new people as well. Orientation and enrollment took a while and we were done about 5:30pm. We then stopped at the Slug and Lettuce for a bit, and went to dinner at Wagamama's with Alissa's mom because it was her last night here. Today we have a walking tour of Central London. It'll be interesting to see how that goes since I jammed my left big toe and it's kind of uncomfortable! As for my classes. I am taking Sustaining Development which has to do with theory of environments? Actually.. that doesn't make sense but i'll get back to you with the CORRECT information. I am also taking British Life and Culture and something about analyzing TV scripts. Overall I am taking 3 courses that are 4 credits each which is 12 credits i'll be taking back with me. I also only have classes Wednesday, Thursday and Friday which means I have a permanent 4 day weekend, but that'll be used to do all the work I have to do. This means I start class next Wednesday. Well.. I have to go meet Alissa so we can get things done before we attempt to get to London. Hope you all are doing well =)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the regular updates Shelly - although you're starting to make me look bad with the family with my irregular blogging!!! At least I include pictures (unsubtle hint). We watched a biography on Billy Idol last night and I told Joel that if they invent a time machine, I'm going to visit Shelly so I can go back in time and ogle the young Billy Idol in London before everyone else discovered him. Joel agreed this would be allowed (I think mainly because he has a mild man-crush on Billy Idol that just might rival my normal-type-of-crush).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'll be slowing down with the blogging once classes start! And I would definitely travel back in time to see Billy Idol with you!!

    ReplyDelete