So today Elle and I went into Waterloo which I have now renamed Aqualoo. We then made our way to the studio which didn't look shady like the other gig last week, so that was a plus. So we get there and we are waiting in the waiting room area and the celebrity guests were waiting with us but we didn't really know who any of them were but that was okay. It ended up being the producers/directors or something of Slumdog Millionare, the 3 final contestants and John Torode from Master Chef, some actress and another woman who I didn't figure out who she was. So our job was to be in the "star bar" where there were drinks (beer, wine, OJ, water, soda) that sorta stuff and we had to be the crowd and the guests were sitting in front of the bar and I was standing behind with Elle and another woman and the barmaid, so we were actually on camera quite a lot. They did a funny segment where they had a couple and their caravan because there is a show tonight or a documentary called something like "A Love Affair: The British and Their Caravans". Something like that, super silly. And there was a comedian (Robin Ince) who interacted with the guests and star bar audience (us). At the end, when the Master Chefs were being interviewed by Richard and Judy of Richard and Judy's Star Bar, the people at the bar area were given the same food to try as the celebrity guests and it was a meat roll. So the comedian (on air) asks if I want some so I agreed to try it and I'm trying to get it off the platter onto my plate and he's like "No no, you have to stab it like this and just dig in!" so he takes my fork and just stabs the meat and makes me eat it haha and then everyone else grabbed some to try. And then without any warning he and his microphone come back to me and ask what I think and so caught off guard my only response was "It was tasty" (which now I look back and laugh because the scenario plays back in my head). And he hears from my accent that i'm American and asks where I'm from and I respond. And he's like "New Jersey? Do they eat a lot of meat there? Would you eat this back home?" And I still am just so confused and everything I say "Yes, I think people would eat this at home" and he asks me further if there is an all meat restaurant and I didn't know so sad, but then he turned to Elle and asked her what she thought and she said "It has a kick to it" and we all agreed and the comedian goes "Oh, that's just your aorta exploding". Sooo hilarious. And then we went to Leicester Square to the BK Lounge and then we walked around a bit and got back on the Tube and went to some guitar place so Elle could buy a guitar. It was a fabulous day, so many fun things happened. I'm very pleased and very happy, and also very tired. I need to find the show online somewhere, haha.
=)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment