Sunday, February 8, 2009

TV and Photo Frenzy.



Above: The 2 pictures above were taken at the Globe Theatre
(More pictures from Photo Frenzy at the bottom of this post)


I decided that I was going to wait until today to make my next update as I wanted to include yesterday's events as well.. but let me not get ahead of myself and share some things about Friday..

On Friday I had my first TV: On the Box class which is basically a class where we watch some things on TV and we discuss why things were done, why the script is the way it is, why the background is that way, why it's shot a certain way.. it's very interesting. I have my seminar in the morning for an hour then a two hour break before my two hour lecture. Now, the class is really a continuation from a fall class, like a part 2, so everyone knows each other.. the professor knows everyone so when he saw me he goes "I don't think I know you" to which I replied "Yeah, haha. I'm Shelly from New Jersey.. in America". Now the reaction from the class was a "oooo" and some "aww's" which I don't really understand why the aww but anyway apparently they love American accents. So my professor then goes on and asks me who the son on NJ is. And I don't really understand and finally say that I don't know and he turns to the rest of the class in disbelief that none of us know so he gives us a clue.. he's not an alto, in fact he is a contrabass who is he? The answer is Tony Soprano of course. So then he asks me where i'm from and I tell him and of course he's never heard of Rowan University or been there so I tell him he should go and he laughs. The whole process was quite amusing, and made me laugh cause he is a funny funny man.

Now on to more fun things =P

Yesterday was my Photo Frenzy event. The school put together a last "get to know each other" event and we went into London and met at the base of the London Eye and went on a scavenger hunt to find certain landmarks and take pictures with our team. We had to figure out riddles though or facts for each place. In the end we got everything, and were quite pleased with our pictures. We ended up at a restuarant/pub called Tiger Tiger on Haymarket near Piccadilly Circus where we were given food and drinks.

Now after we were full of food and such, we actually went to go see the London Philharmonic play!! One of the girls in my group has a friend in the choir there and we got the friends/family tickets for 5 pounds, it was amazing. I mean at that time I was super beat from the day but it was still the perfect ending to the perfect day.

I have today, Monday and Tuesday off so I plan to just relax and enjoy a break since I have been going nonstop for two weeks.

Oh man.. i've been here two weeks already. It actually feels longer than that but also shorter at the same time.

Well, I hope you are all doing well =) I'm now going to post my favourite pictures from Photo Frenzy =)



Above: Double Decker =)


Above: This is the awkward bird man who hugged me after I gave him like 20 pence.

Above: Horse guards.


Above: Leicester Square (Chris bought us all roses at Covent Garden from the street vendor... because the vendor was just so darn convincing hahaha). That is why we have roses in our mouths.

Above: Chinese pagoda.

Above: We're pretending that when Big Ben ring's it's really loud.. obviously. Fun fact which most people get wrong.. Big Ben isn't the clock, it's the bell inside.

Above: Aquarium.


Above: You know you're in London when you're in the tube and there is a performer playing The Beatles.


Above: Westminster Abbey.

Above: Bronze Lion at Trafalgers Square.

Above: Tiger Tiger (the restaurant we ended at).




Above: My favourite picture.. jumping outside of St. Paul's Cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment