Well, I can say nothing's new to share about but of course i'd be lying because lots of things are new! I'm in a different country and every (almost) experience is something new.
I guess I can start with the weather. It's snowing again, it's not just flurrying but it's snowing, that was super fun to walk home in. I hope it's not bad tomorrow because I am actually going for a tour of Parliament! My British Life and Culture class is going for a tour of Parliament and later in the afternoon we have a tour of the Globe Theatre which does Shakespearean plays. So that should be an interesting time.
I had my Sustainable Development class today which is an environmental class. It's actually an interesting class but when it came time for seminars I didn't know which to attend because they broke into their own sub-majors whether it be hazards, geography, etc. I of course asked my teacher and told her my dilemma and she asked me what my major was, so I told her communications and she actually asked me if I was really in the class or not. I of course am. It's just that over here students don't take electives, they take the classes towards their major only so when an outsider comes in, they don't have a place. So there I am, the American with no previous study in this type of science and I feel super out of place. I especially felt out of place today when a few kids were saying some not so nice and definitely not so true things about America, but my teacher cut them off before I had a chance to defend my country, haha.
I'm starting to miss home. When i'm at my house here I just stay in my room unless I need to do laundry or eat, and it's like i'm living in a dorm room again, blech. I am out and about most of the time exploring though =)
Anyway... the end.
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment